Wednesday 2 May 2012

Prince's trust does exactly what it says on the tin!

I haven't Been on here for a while, and that because i have been extremely busy with the prince's trust TEAM programme as i have mentioned briefly in other posts.


As far as my bipolar is concerned it has been very quiet lately and seems under control,im thinking this is due to having a good routine allowing myself room for change of course the dreaded lithium and having a very good support network around me.


Since i have started the course i feel i have grown as a person allowing myself to try new things learn from my mistake and move on from them.
The course has given me the chance to become more confident,helping me set goals and to try and achieve them. it has given me a new life, a new outlook. I feel i am now very a different person to how i was at the beginning of the course, i am currently doing work experience which i feel is going very well and still learning new things about myself everyday and how act in situations iv never been in before.


Previously to the course i could not get a bus i could not leave the house on my own i found day to day things hard and other things even harder. i kept asking myself was it the bipolar stopping me from doing this or was it the fact i had low self esteem low, confidence and nothing to make me go out of the house.
I think i can now answer that, i believe that some of it was the bipolar but most of it was due to having zero confidence, zero self esteem and i never had a goal or any ambition.


I used to think it had control that bipolar had ownership of my brain, but now i call the shot and i make the decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there
    I write for Swindon Link Magazine. Would be happy to write a piece about mental health issues. Drop me a line juliet@treetopscommunications.co.uk.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete